- About Us
- Get Involved
Due to the current environment regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), SCARC will be implementing our active SHELTER IN PLACE policy effective immediately. The closing period will be from March 16 – March 27. If possible, depending on the progress of the COVID-19 virus, the SHELTER IN PLACE period may end as of March 30, or it may be extended. We are considering the health and safety of our individuals and employees as our first priority. As such, the following details will take effect immediately:
- All SCARC day program and supported employment will be closed as of March 16
- Recreation, Special Olympics, and ALL community activities will be cancelled
- Family Support, including Just Us Kids, Teen Scene and agency hired respite activities, will be cancelled
- All Therapies (Speech, Occupational, Physical) will be cancelled
- No visitors will be permitted at any SCARC locations, including Administrative offices
- Residents are being advised not to go home; if any do go home, they will have to stay home for the duration of the SHELTER IN PLACE period
- Priority medical appointments will be honored
- Any IDT, ISP and NJCAT review meetings will be held by telephone
If anyone has questions, they can be addressed to Richard Lecher, SCARC Chief Executive Officer at 973-383-7442, or by email at [email protected]. In case of an emergency, you can call the SCARC Administrator on Call (AOC) at 973-383-8442.
Richard C. Lecher,
President and Chief Executive Office of SCARC, Inc.
Katie Swanson R.N. Health and Nursing Care Administrator’s
COVID-19 Presentation-Parts 1 & 2
Coping with stress and anxiety
Find a physical outlet. Sussex county YMCA through the use of technology with a variety of at-home exercise options available on our website and live classes on its facebook page for anyone to utilize. https://www.metroymcas.org/myyvideos.
Text or talk with a counselor- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text 66746
Sussex County CLEAR – for yourself or a loved one struggling with addiction, call the Sussex County CLEAR number 24/7 at 844-722-5327 (1-844-SC-CLEAR). Recovery coaches are available by phone to help with support, navigation to treatment and general questions about substance use disorder.