- About Us
- Get Involved
Richard C. Lecher addresses COVID-19
Dear Parents, Guardians, Staff, and Family Members,
As you are now aware, the Coronavirus (COVID 19) is spreading throughout our country. We also now see that there are cases in New Jersey which resulted in the Governor declaring a State of Emergency due to the virus spread. I would like you to know that SCARC, Inc. is taking preventative measures to protect our individuals in our programs, and staff and administrative functions to manage the threat of the virus at SCARC.
Our individuals and employees continue to be our first priority with our health and safety concern. Over the past three weeks we have received numerous updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the New Jersey Department of Health, the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, and the Sussex County Health Department. We have read through all of the fact sheets that we have received and are prepared to implement safety strategies when needed. We will continue to stay informed and will continue to communicate with you as the situation possibly evolves over time.
For now I want to share with you our existing proactive measures that we have taken and will continue to take to help protect our individuals and employees.
- All locations at SCARC, including Day Programs, Residential Programs and our Administrative Offices have been provided with appropriate cleaning agents.
- All bathrooms are kept stocked with soap, paper towels and toilet paper.
- We continuously encourage all individuals and staff to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. All of our technology (computers, keyboards, laptops, tablets, etc.), table tops, desks, door handles, phones and chairs are cleaned and sanitized before and after use each day.
- All staff or individuals who have flu like symptoms are asked to stay home until their illness passes.
- Any individual or staff that is coming to work with any flu like symptoms (fever, congestion, shortness of breath) will be moved away from the group and will be sent home.
- Please let your SCARC Program Manager or Supervisor know if your family member has been exposed to someone with Coronavirus.
We continue to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the New Jersey Department of Health, the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, and the Sussex County Health Department. We will remain open to provide our services, and, while we do not expect any changes to our services, we will be proceeding with caution for the safety of our individuals and employees. The SCARC website will have materials about Coronavirus and how to prevent further transmission. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me directly at 973-383-7442, ext. 250 or at [email protected]. Thank you for working with us to continue to provide quality services to our individuals, employees and families.
Richard C. Lecher, Ph.D.
President and Chief Executive Officer